Wednesday, February 4, 2009


Doctors Visits

I had my third doctor’s visit today, and it was very short. I always thought that the pregnancy doctor appointments were going to be very in depth, but I guess I was wrong. I mean I had to get my blood drawn and then one exam done on the first visit, although that was ruff nothing else has been. One the second and third one everything are about the same.

All that happens in that you walk into the bright office and have a seat. Then you wait for the nurse to call you back. This is an office were you get to know all the nurses and the doctors in the office. All of them are very friendly and there are not that many of them. So the chances of you getting the same nurse are possible. Then the doctor is the one that delivers your baby. He is on call so it is good you get to know him.

Well after I got called back I went and had to pee in a cup and also weigh myself. Then the nurse that called me back, which I had never seen before told me to have a seat in the number 2 room. I have only been in room 1 and 2 on all my visits so I don’t even know if there’re any more. Then she took my blood pressure and told me that everything came back good on my blood results. She told me to stay seated and the doctor will be right in.

Now this is the first time I got to meet with my doctor, and he seems to be like a pretty descent guy. He was also the one that delivered my sisters two kids. All the doctor did was measure my stomach and use a machine to listen to the baby’s heartbeat. It is a small device that you roll over my stomach till you find the heartbeat. Now the doctor was not too funny but also very talkative. He made everything seem all good, and talk much joy in discussing a new baby almost making it seem like things were going to be fine.

As he listened to the heartbeat he said it sounded like a boy. I asked if he could really tell and he said no and laughed. The only reason he thought that was because the normal heartbeat was a little faster and that I was carrying low. A lot of times he said that boy’s heartbeats are faster and that they also tend to carry more low.

After all that was done my doctor told me that was all. Then he told me that I was going to come back in 5 weeks so that I could do my ultrasound, because then I would be 20 weeks long. So I walked out and scheduled my next appointment then left. That must be all there is to a doctors visit.

2 comments:

  1. AWW CONGRATZ...Boys are easy to take of but either way its going to be an amazing experience. And I dont know why they make you draw blood every single time you have a docs visit, its really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are probably very excited to find out what your having!! i bet this is going to be a long 5 weeks! good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete